Emacs package providing a minor mode which highlights the completion at point the completion list buffer and (optionally) automatically updates it. Read the manual for more information.
All releases listed in reverse chronological order.
- Support built-in completion enhancements introduced in Emacs 29. Built-in commands are now used when available. Completions are highlighted using built-in facilities when available.
vcomplete-current-completioncan now be called from anywhere and without any arguments (in which case point is used).
- Breaking changes
vcomplete-with-completions-bufferhas been replaced with Macro
vcomplete-with-completions-window. This breaks the previously available Embark integration.
vcomplete-search-rangeis no longer used in Emacs 29+.
vcomplete-current-completionnever throws a user error anymore.
- Now available on NonGNU ELPA.
- Remove Embark integration. Embark integration broke in a non-trivial way, so it has been removed due to a lack of interest in maintaining it. This integration is compatible with older versions of Embark (and will continue to be compatible with Vcomplete for versions before 2.0) so it is possible to install it manually from a previous release.
- Fix the completion list window still highlighting completions in
some cases after
- Improve Embark integration
Fix Embark 'non-edit commands' not immediately exiting when
t. Add (auto loaded)
vcomplete-embark-modewhich enables Embark integration. It is no longer required to explicitly load
vcomplete-embark.elto enable this integration.
vcomplete-search-range. This custom variable is used to control in which frames the completion list buffer is searched for during completion.
- Add the
vcomplete-highlightface. This face is used to highlight completions. By default, it is the same as the built-in
vcomplete-no-update-commands. This custom variable is used to control which commands shouldn't cause the completions list buffer to update.
- Embark support has been moved to a separate file.
It must be loaded explicitly (using
(require 'vcomplete-embark)or similar).
- Make auto updating the completion list buffer more responsive.
- Support commands which use
completion-in-regionin the minibuffer.
- Add basic Embark support.
- Highlight the completion at point in the completion list buffer even when using normal navigation commands.
vcomplete-kill-buffer. This was done as part of an effort to simplify the code base (since third party solutions to completion actions exist).
- Optionally automatically update the completion list buffer.
vcomplete-auto-update's documentation string for more information.
The main repository is hosted at SourceHut.