Emacs package providing a minor mode enhancing the default completion list buffer, providing visual aids for selecting completions.
Read the manual for more information.
All releases listed in descending order.
- Now available on NonGNU ELPA.
- Remove Embark integration.
Embark integration broke in a non-trivial way, so it has been removed due to a lack of interest in maintaining it.
This integration is compatible with older versions of Embark (and will continue to be compatible with Vcomplete for versions before 2.0) so it is possible to install it manually from a previous release.
- Fix the completion list window still highlighting completions in some cases after
vcomplete-mode is disabled.
- Improve Embark integration.
Fix Embark 'non-edit commands' not immediately exiting when
Add (auto loaded)
vcomplete-embark-mode which enables Embark integration.
It is no longer required to explicitly load
vcomplete-embark.el to enable this integration.
This custom variable is used to control in which frames the completion list buffer is searched for during completion.
- Add the
This face is used to highlight completions. By default, it is the same as the built-in
This custom variable is used to control which commands shouldn't cause the completions list buffer to update.
- Embark support has been moved to a separate file.
It must be loaded explicitly (using
(require 'vcomplete-embark) or similar).
- Make auto updating the completion list buffer more responsive.
- Support commands which use
completion-in-region in the minibuffer.
- Add basic Embark support.
- Highlight the completion at point in the completion list buffer even when using normal navigation commands.
This was done as part of an effort to simplify the code base (since third party solutions to completion actions exist).
- Optionally automatically update the completion list buffer.
vcomplete-auto-update's documentation string for more information.
The main repository is hosted at